Thursday, December 30, 2010

P365G.36 - Times & Seasons


I am grateful for time. Time to think and contemplate. Time to choose what I will do next. Time to go slow sometimes. Time to renew. Time to work and time to play.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." - Ecclesiastes 3: 2-8

I'm grateful that I don't have to "do it all" now. I hope I can have enough wisdom to know what the most important things to do today are and do them. I hope that I can have enough patience to wait for the things I want done today that I can't and enough patience to wait on the other people in my life to follow their own time table.


"And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order." - Mosiah 4:27

Even the sun and moon and stars must follow the laws of God -

"And again, verily I say unto you, he hath given a law unto all things, by which they move in their times and their seasons; And their courses are fixed, even the courses of the heavens and the earth, which comprehend the earth and all the planets. And they give light to each other in their times and in their seasons, in their minutes, in their hours, in their days, in their weeks, in their months, in their years. . ."— D&C 88: 42-44

So - here's to the winter season and my middle aged season . . .