Monday, January 10, 2011

P365G.44 - 46 - Shelves Project, Dad, Post-it Notes

44 - Saturday - I am grateful to have accomplished something pretty substantial. We finally took apart the Armoire that use to be Kira and Danielle's closet in the AZ house. It didn't have a home in UT and was just holding stuff and taking up lots of space in the family room. Awkward space. It just didn't fit. So now, there are boxes of stuff piled in our bedroom and the Armoire is a stack of boards and shelves under our bed. Waiting for a new home for whichever child can use it when the time comes. And Ron is building shelves in our closet to hold the crafting/sewing,wrapping, tools and office supplies that are homeless for the moment. Yeah! He's half way done. Been wishing for this for 3 years now and finally the time has arrived. Wahoo! I love having a place for everything and everything in it's place. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time to find the best place for things. It will probably reduce the stuff quite a bit as well in the sorting. Very therapeutic! Thanks babe - I love you!
45 - Sunday - I am grateful for my Dad. I spent some time reading about him. Some of his favorite quotes and things I had written about what I remembered from younger years. He was always so quick to forgive my mistakes. It's been over 20 years since he has been gone. I miss him, and I'm so thankful for all he taught me. Can't wait to be with him again.

46 - I am thankful for post-it notes. I just love them! They are the best invention! I jot notes all the time for things I want to remember and then when I've done that thing or don't need it anymore, into the recycling it goes. . . . My new computer at work even has the electronic equivalent of this. It's always on the desktop to reminding me until it's accomplished and then click it's gone. Relief for my struggling forgetful brain. Thanks Art Fry and Spencer Silver (according the Wikepedia).