Wednesday, January 12, 2011

P365G.48 - Ovens and Freezers

So yesterday I made a meal with Danielle's help for 10. 10 grown-ups mind you. There aren't any little children in the house any more. It was a delicious meal. Baked Salmon with dill, thyme, butter and Romano cheese; garlic mashed potatoes, and Kira's incredible brussel sprouts with shallots, pears and fresh thyme; a simple salad and bread sticks. And Apple Crisp for dessert to top it off. Even our don't eat fish or brussel sprouts guests ate it and enjoyed. It was a great birthday meal and I was loving that there were more boys (well actually men) in the house. Significant others. I'm really excited to have more son's-in-law. I can be patient. Marriages will happen when ever it's right. I'm just excited that that time in my life is quickly approaching. So in the mean time - today I'm grateful for an oven to bake all those delicious things we enjoyed yesterday evening. And a freezer that made it possible for us to enjoy the best, freshest tasting salmon ever, Even though it came from far away. So, so blessed indeed.