Monday, February 7, 2011

P365G.71 -74 - Clean Home - Influenza

Day 71 Friday

Danielle came down with the Flu on Wednesday. Yuck. Got her to the doctor and started some meds to shorten the duration of it. I'm so grateful for modern medicine! Decided to stay home from work and take care of disinfecting the whole house so hopefully no one else gets it. I'm so thankful for paid sick time. Everything wiped down and washed and sanitized. I'm so thankful for convenient, effective cleaning supplies.

Day 72 Saturday

Danielle is feeling much better. Finished cleaning the rest of the house. Aired out her room and washed all her sheets and helped her clean her room. She's not out of the woods yet, but seeing improvement. I'm thankful for a washer and dryer. It was a Florence Nightingale day. (That's what Dr. Haynes calls it.)

Day 73 Sunday

We got Ron ready to travel down to St. George. He will be living and working there for the next 4 weeks to 4 months. It's a week to week thing. Probably until May though. Don't like not knowing, but I'm grateful that I've learned to take things a day at a time, so I don't feel overwhelmed about it. Also grateful that I have experience with being alone. Don't like it, but I know I'll be OK. Also grateful to know I've got help available all around me including Priesthood holders if needed.
(P.S. That reminds me of how grateful I am to Bishop for coming to help Ron give Danielle a blessing on Thursday night - she feels like that helped tons!) Sara bore her testimony in Sac Meeting today. I'm so blessed to have such awesome kids. Also got to watch the Super Bowl with family at Moms. I'm so glad to live close enough to enjoy her company more often. (Left Danielle at home alone so she could watch and not be quarantined to her room.) Thanks Mom for a great meal and good times. And thanks for the leftovers.

Day 74 Monday

I survived the first night without Ron sleeping next to me. Woke up half a dozen times, for no reason. Go figure. I'm grateful for a bed to sleep in and the teddy bear that Ron gave me 8 years ago (In February even!) He's back on the bed again to give me comfort. I'm so thankful for my home and all the comforts I enjoy in it. What a blessing to be here in UT with this awesome home and jobs to take care of everything. Everyone else has remained healthy so far. Fingers are still crossed!
(Next year, I think we are going to do Flu shots . . . )

P.P.S. I finished organizing the fabric and have my space back under the window in the bedroom. Yeah! Next box . . . . : )