Thursday, February 17, 2011

P365G.84 - Pranks

I forgot how much I love it when my kids play pranks on me. It's been a while, but the perfect opportunity occurred last night for them when our power went out. I was at a Relief Society activity and they happened to all be home (already a rare occasion now days). When I arrived home, they had pulled up all the blinds in the house on every window to make it lighter in the house. The moon was reflecting off the newly fallen snow. (It was actually a blizzard and was icy and the snow was whipping around sideways and everywhere - 60 mile an hour winds - anyway you get the idea.) So I walk in the back door from the car and my three girls (Danielle, Sara and Jessica) are huddled together in the kitchen. They start whispering to me, "We think there is a man in our backyard." "Look at the park bench." "Do you see the dark shadow back there?" "He's been there since the power went out." I look out our sliding door at the back of the yard and sure enough it looks like a man is sitting on the park bench in our backyard. I'm thinking to myself - "is that just a shadow? No that's really a person! What is he doing in our backyard? What am I going to do? Should I just have all the girls go downstairs and stay together and lock all the doors?" Instead I decide I'm going to confront him. For some reason I'm not afraid to do that, although it seems I should be. "What if he hurts one of us? You know about all the scary stuff that can happen from watching the news." But I'm still not scared, so I open the back sliding glass door and poke my head out and yell, "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BACKYARD!?" The dark shadow man doesn't answer me. He just stands up and starts walking towards our house! "So it wasn't just a shadow," I think to myself. "And what are you going to do now?" Then the girls can't hold it in any longer and start to snicker. Slowly as the shadow man gets closer to us I start to recognize the brown hoody belonging to my son, Lucas! Everybody starts laughing out loud now. "We got you good Mom!" Lucas, comes inside and laughs with us. It didn't even occur to me that Lucas was "missing." Silly mom.

Good one guys . . . You definitely got me that time! hahahahahaha

I love a good prank and these kiddos sure know how to deliver. Thanks guys for a good laugh! (Discovered a little bit about how tough I can be when it comes to facing something scary and protecting my kids too.)