Friday, March 25, 2011

P365G.108 - Basket Ball is just a game

I am thankful that Mom Nielsen is doing better and not getting anxious about everything always. I can see that she is starting to have more good days than bad. It's been quite a learning process for all of us. It's good to realize that we are all human. I think sometimes we error in functioning as if our parents are perfect and have all the answers always. That really isn't the case. My Mom is an angel and a saint, doing things right and organized etc., but she is also human. Depression and Anxiety have come for a long visit. I'm grateful that we've been able to figure out what was going on and that she has help. It's been a wake up call for us all. Mom and I watched BYU basketball in the NCCA tournament at the "Sweet Sixteen" level. They ended the game in a tie and went into over time, ultimately losing the game. It was an awesome tough game. The BYU players shots just weren't going in. Jimmer Fredette is now famous and well known across the country because of their success, but now it's over. Mom would have been a "basket case" 3 weeks ago. last night . . . "well it's just a game."