Tuesday, April 26, 2011
P365G.120 - Spring in Utah
This morning it was snowing. I drove to work in a blizzard. It's Spring in Utah. We've had nice raining weather and balmy 65+ degree weather the last couple of weeks. The peas, broccoli, lettuce and some herbs are up and growing. The cherry tree is beginning to bloom and tulips are up everywhere. Tonight we will have a hard freeze - 30 degrees. I love this time of year. It's like a fight between winter and summer during the "Springtime" in Utah. We are determined. We will win over the winter blahs. Color and growth and happiness will be won! Go ahead and snow. I know the sun will melt you all away tomorrow. In the meantime I am going to be happy today despite the blistery weather because Spring is here (even if it looks like winter) and Summer is coming - green is coming - WARM is coming. Even though I can't show them off yet, I've painted my toe nails pink in anticipation. . . I'm thankful to be able to embrace the struggle (symbolic of the emotional storm I'm dealing with inside). In the end there will be victory! (over my self as well!)
Labels:
Project 365 Days of Gratitude