Friday, May 27, 2011

P365G.125 - Dad

My dad passed away in 1990 of a heart attack. He was 54. I miss him. Not as much as my mom misses him I'm sure, but I really wish he were still around. His quiet way and dry humor, would be a welcome relief in the stresses of this life. His insightful way of looking at things and simplifying things that I make complicated was always appreciated. I can't wait to see him again. I wish my kids knew him. Danielle was 9 months old when he passed away. I know he's probably just as busy in heaven teaching and lifting and making people laugh in his straight forward way. I'm so grateful for him, and what a good dad he was. I'd like to think I learned some of my patience from him. He was a very patient man. Dad, I love you. I know you aren't there, but we'll be visiting your grave site Sunday, just to reminisce and pay respect to you. Thank you for all you did for me and for pulling for me on the other side of the veil.