Thursday, December 22, 2011

P365G.186 - Six Random Cs

1) Clean
Monday - P365G.186 - I'm thankful for dentists and clean teeth. I wish he would quit finding cavities though. I'm taking care of my teeth better than I ever have my whole life and see him every 6 months and still he finds one. . . . why? I guess it's to help Sara feel better about hers.

2) Closets
Tuesday - P365G.187 - I'm thankful for closets and places to tuck and hide things : )

3) Compassion
Wednesday - P365G.188 - I'm so grateful for my daughter's immense desire to give charity and compassion to the world. I'm especially grateful that she called me to work through a tough call on who, when and how to give that charity in a particularly personal and sensitive case today. I love her more than I could even imagine was possible.

4) Cold
Thursday - P365G.189 - I'm thankful for how the snow makes the bare branches and brown world during winter look so beautiful. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Not much this storm, but cold wind. However, there was enough snow to dust everything with white. I made some paper snowflakes to wish for more snow on. :)

5) Christmas
Tomorrow I have work off for Christmas until Jan 3rd. I'm excited to see Kira and Gabriel here in UT and then drive Mom Nielsen to AZ next week.
Tomorrow we will go see the 2nd Shelock Holmes movie as a family and get food for Ron's birthday and Christmas celebrating. I'm very excited to enjoy some relaxing time together. (Oh, and wrap gifts - I finally have my shopping for those done!)Merry Christmas everyone! We are so very, very blessed.

6) Consequences
Next week, Lucas, Sara, Kira and I will meet with their dad Jim. It's been 6 years for Lucas and Sara. . . I'm anxious, excited, and sad for them all at the same time. Hopefully it will be a good visit. Their has been some longtime serious neglect on his part regarding child support payments and any kind of contact with his kids. The "state" has FINALLY caught up with him. It is a hard thing when he feels bad that he may lose his home and car, but not that he abandoned his own children. We are free to choose, but we are not free from the consequences. . . .