Friday, January 20, 2012

P365G.186 – P365G.218 ~ 5 Weeks of Gratitude

• Dec. 19 - I’m grateful for dentist who clean and fix our teeth, especially his secretary/wife : )
• 20 – I’m thankful for the opportunity Ron has to sing with a Barbershop Choir. It keeps him happy.
• 21 – I’m thankful for quiet phones at work today.
• 22 – I’ thankful for fast food hamburgers. They taste so nummy. I wish they were better for me . . .
• 23 – I’m thankful for time at home to prepare for family arriving for the holidays and a spare bedroom to put them in. : )
• 24 – I’m so grateful for each of my children and the safe arrival of Kira and Gabriel. I’m also grateful that they get along with each other. I hope that one day soon Elizabeth, Matt and Heather will be able to do the same.
• 25 – I’m grateful for the birth of the Savior. It was a unique day, having church since Christmas fell on Sunday this year. I’m grateful for the angels that sang with us in the choir today. And thank you Kira and Gabriel for all your very thoughtful gifts. It really added to the miracle of the day.
• 26 – I’m thankful for an extra week off to enjoy family.
• 27 – I’m thankful for my mom and all she does for me and the opportunity to drive her to AZ.
• 28 – I’m thankful for convenient auto shops and this nice weather in AZ (Glad it’s not too hot or too cold, just right : ))
• 29 – I’m grateful that enough time has passed and opportunities have come for Jim to meet with at least Kira, Lucas and Sara for a while. I’m thankful for a locksmith to get me back into my car. (Although I do not like the fee it cost for him to do it. I guess I should be grateful I had enough in our savings to cover it. I will have to work on being grateful for that one. Note to self: Never lock yourself out of car, when you aren’t by home where the spare key is. Make spare key and attach in hidden place to outside of car with magnetic box.)
• 30 – I’m so thankful to have two drivers in the car with me, Lucas and Sara, so that our 11 hour drive back to Utah was a breeze ~ divided by 3= no one tired from driving when we made it home. : )
• 31 – Happy New Year’s Eve – Everyone seemed to be in the humdrums today. We watched a movie, but didn’t even really celebrate – suddenly it was 12:30 am and we all just went to bed. Hump. Will have to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Shame on us! I guess I’m glad there is next year, and the next, and the next . . . .
• Jan. 1, 2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! I’m thankful to have a new year ahead of me full of happiness and hope. There will be at least 2 more weddings, Heather & Seth in March and Matt & Nicole in June. Exciting times. Lucas will graduate from High School and Sara will turn 16. Very eventful year indeed. Only thing that could possibly make it better? The announcement of a grandchild perhaps?! It’s OK married kids, no pressure! : )
• 2 – Yeah! Extra day off, since New Year’s was on Sunday. Thanks!
• 3 – I’m thankful that even though I had to go back to work today that I enjoy where I work. Busy with planning for Quartzsite staffing show. Glad to have plenty to do so the time passes quickly.
• 4 – I’m thankful for computers and calculators and the internet, but especially money to have to keep track of as we establish our Wednesday Budget Review/Reconcile day habit. Can you imagine a time when keeping track of resources was counting jars of food left in storage and trading 12 eggs for sugar and flour, and selling a chicken for a bolt of fabric to make clothes. . . I am SO blessed!!!!
• 5 – I’m Thankful for new blinds in the new windows at work. They block the bright winter sunlight in the afternoons without blocking the warmth.
• 6 – I’m thankful for Elizabeth. It was her birthday today. We sang to her over the phone and sent a card. She celebrated with Nate and said it was a great day. Long gone are the days of parties with these kids like when they were young. I think I like it. Although significant years are going to have to be marked with more than this one was for sure. Just celebrating with her the way she requested and I guess that’s what counts. Happy Birthday Elizabeth. Note: I will not share her birth story as I don’t know it. Perhaps one day I’ll hear about it from Danyce, her mom, when we are talking to each other again. Wonder if that will ever happen. I can hope. : )
• 7 – Yeah! Paint! Ron has started to paint the walls. I’m so excited. I’m grateful that since he isn’t working now, that we had resources to purchase paint and he has the time to do it. I know it’ll be perfect and he’s repairing every wall to perfection as he does it. Great time for more purging of “stuff” and deep cleaning the house. Do you think I might be able to get new floors for Christmas next year? I hope so!
• 8 – I’m grateful for 11am Church. It’s the best time in my opinion. Not too early and not too late. : )
• 9 – I’m grateful to have fresh color and cut for my hairdo from Jessica tonight. She is the best hair dresser I’ve ever had. Hope she stays in UT forever. I’m so grateful for her sweet husband, Alex who also provided delicious garlic rolls while I waited.
• 10 – I’m thankful I know how to sew enough to help Heather with alterations on her wedding dress. We are planning and getting things ready for the reception. I hope it will be a happy, as much as possible- stress free day. Did you know that I like planning wedding receptions and decorating? Sometimes I forget how much I do like it. This is number 3 – so getting pretty good at some of it. : )
• 11 – I’m grateful for Danielle. She is awesome. The end.
• 12 – I’m thankful for sleep.
• 13 – I’m grateful for my eyesight.
• 14 – I’m thankful for boxes and a temporary junk room that I can close the door on while we sort through and clean out.
• 15 - I enjoyed a Salmon Dinner with Danielle for her birthday dinner today. Having her over with Jessica and Alex was excellent. I miss having them at home, but am so grateful to have them living close enough to come visit often. Kira and Gabriel, please come live in Utah. Pretty please. That would be awesome! But if not, it’s OK. I will remember Christmas and wonderful it was to have you here and look forward to the next one!
• 16 – I’m enjoying Oreos and milk. Can I be grateful for that?! : )
• 17 – I’m grateful for Seth and his ability to help keep Heather grounded. He is definitely good for her. More wedding planning today, things are coming together. . .
• 18 – I’m grateful for wrist braces to help my hands not hurt and keep my arms from falling asleep at night.
• 19 – I’m really grateful to Krystal for helping Sara out with her Choir tryouts next week. It gave her a boost of confidence and was just what she needed. I’m hopeful she will make it and make new/more friends to help her enjoy high school and teenager-ness more. They are tough years!
• 20 – I’m so grateful that daily reporting on my life is not a requirement for living it. : )

I really did intend to do this once a week, but 5 weeks just went by in a happy whirl . . . . Can I chalk it up to “Holidays.” Happy living!