
So I'm starting a new project for the winter during dead time at work. In my pantry is a shelf with random recipe cards and slips of paper with recipes I've collected over the years. It's quite a mess and you have to sort through it ever time you want to use one of them. Most aren't fantastic or special, but they have been used over the last 25 years quite a bit. I've decided to type all the recipes up and organize them into categories and print them off in a three ring binder so we can find the recipes more easily. Not sure how long it's going to take, but that's OK. I'll just do it one recipe at a time. It's been fun to try and think about who gave me the recipe or where it came from, heaven knows why I even kept some of them. Each recipe I pull out reminds me of the time I last made it and who was there in the kitchen with me when I did. I don't always cook for pleasure, just because we have to eat, so it's been a nice reframe for me. Definitely something that's made me smile over and over again. It will be fun to see how many scraps of paper with recipes on them I'll collect in the next 25 years. Happy cooking everyone!