
So last night we went to the play at the Lehi Jr. High - Peter Pan. It was wonderfully done, funny, serious, awesome stage scenery and transitions. Just delightful. Mrs. Boren does an A class job with those Junior High kids, really pulling out their best. We went because Sara had a part in the play. She was the voice over. She had two parts, one in the beginning and one at the end. It was a small part perhaps, but I couldn't help thinking how perfectly she set the story up. We were immediately transformed into the magic of the moment by her voice. I was captured by the sing-song and drama of it. Fascinated by how surreal it sounded to me as the action unfolded before us on the stage. I know how frustrated she is by wanting to do and be more than she is right now. I got a sense of that potential in her 3 minutes of narration. What a talented lady she is! When the play was coming to an end and her voice came over again, adding the end cap to a beautiful story, I began to smile bigger and bigger. How perfect it was! Absolutely spendid! What a treat to hear and see that. My 14 year old daughter is full of talent just waiting for opportunities to share it. I know she is frustrated and thinks everyone else gets to do the modeling and the acting and singing and dancing, and she keeps getting passed by, but her chances are coming. That part may have been small, but she did it better than anyone possibly could have. I hope she never gives up and keeps watching for and creating opportunities to shine. She may be a little quirky, most creative people are, but that girl is full of Pixie Dust and soon she'll be flying high, helping those around her take flight as well. Thank you Sara for reminding me that even the smallest part can be extraordinary and significant when we put our best into it.