Friday, January 21, 2011

Disclaimer

So it was brought to my attention that I used the word "soon" in one of my posts in connection with having sons-in-law. I would just like to clarify that for me time has begun to rapidly pass and "soon" is the equivalent of 2 to 5 years. 2010 was a blur and Kira and Gabriel's 1 1/2 year engagement until they were married Sept 2009 went by faster than you can imagine. So less any suitors of my daughters feel any pressure from my comments, I can be patient in these significant life events (meaning my daughter's marriages) ((to a point anyway)) and give you space to proceed in your relationships at your own pace. (Of note, I'm not allowed to bug Kira and Gabriel about grandchildren for 2 more years - torture!) Growing up in a family of 6 brothers and 1 sister who was 5 years older than me, you can understand my desire to have more men in my life. Having 4 daughters and 1 son and then marrying a man with 2 daughters and 1 son, I think you get the picture. Boys have such a wonderful energy about them, they are usually a little less complicated than girls and they have a wonderful grounding and balancing effect on my girls and myself - so . . . YES! I'm excited for more sons-in-laws because I will only get to add 2 daughters-in-laws to the picture and I've already got the most awesome daughters in the world!

Disclaimer 2: Lucas you are the most awesome SON in the world, which no son-in-law could ever replace. Just making sure that's clear! Love you!