Friday, January 21, 2011

P365G.57 - Black Licorice


So Christmas has come and gone and Valentine's Day is around the corner, which means I've been eating a lot of chocolate. I hope there is more chocolate in my future. However, as much as I love chocolate, I also love black licorice. I learned about black licorice from my dad (who died in Oct. of 1990). Recently Danielle's friend Kase brought us some Dutch Salted Black Licorice Coins. Nummy!!! I had one after the other in my mouth almost all day yesterday! Thanks Kase! I think it's kind of cool that a taste or a smell can remind us of someone special or a favorite memory. Unfortunately, it sometimes reminds us of not so good times as well. But, I am still grateful that we were created in such a way as to have our senses prick our memories, so that for a moment we can relive those times in our thoughts. And bonus, no fat calories in a licorice coin! ;)