Monday, January 31, 2011

P365G.66 - Metaphors

I love metaphors and symbolism. It helps me remember concepts and ideas that otherwise would be forgotten. Another valuable metaphor was re-introduced to me by a speaker, Virginia (Hinkley) Pearce, who talked to us about having a heart like Jesus Christ. She talks about a soft open heart or a hard closed heart. She talks about literally being aware of the state of your heart at any given time and how this can help you to be more loving and kind to those around you. It was a very helpful talk. Simple, like I need it to be, but very valuable in helping to improve my interactions with everyone around me. She also used the idea of looking at the world through a mirror or a window. Mirror = me, me, me how does everything affect me or a Window = others, open, looking out to how I am affecting others. Good stuff to experiment with. I'm grateful for metaphors.