Tuesday, March 8, 2011

P365G.99 - Blogging

So I'm new at this blogging thing and wonder if it's really the best thing for me or not sometimes. Not even sure why I do it some days except it causes me to think of what I'm grateful for every day, not that I post everyday, but that I'm thinking about it. It also helps me journal a little. So an interesting thing happened yesterday where the phone wasn't ringing a lot at work and since I've got lots of freedom to do whatever at my desk, I listened to a Mormon Channel broadcast about of all things blogging. It hit me, that this was in fact an O.K. legitimate way to be recording little pieces of my life. It's the day and age we live in and this is a medium to do just that, where I haven't recorded much about my life any other way very well. I so enjoy reading my daughter Danielle's blogs and I spent probably 2 hours yesterday reading a blogger: http://blog.cjanerun.com/ and was totally caught up in it. Little did I know there is this whole "Mormon Mommy" blogging community. I'm sure there are thousands more communities out there doing the same thing.

I may not be as funny or say profound things always, but it occurred to me that my little contribution is enough for now and is perhaps laying a foundation to grow. I don't care if I have followers or popularity. I'm not even concerned if it's available to the whole world to read. That's OK. This is me, I've got nothing to hide. It's keeping me connected where I otherwise would shrink into my introverted mind day after day, not aware of how my living and overcoming and doing may have impact on someone elses life.

I'm conscientiously working on making face to face connections with family and the people around me. I know this isn't a substitute for that. But in the process of meshing old socialism with the new socialism, I'm grateful for blogging. Here's to finding more things and ways to smile in this wonderful technology age and beyond!