Friday, May 20, 2011

P365G.124 - Rain


OK I can't stop it, so I guess I better be grateful for it. Rain - lots of it. And snow in the mountains. That would be pushing it to be grateful for snow in May but, I guess it's water for us later. Hopefully it won't cause too much damage and we will have great reserves of water later. I think after 4 years of much wetter weather, our drought is over. I do like rain, I'd just like some sunshine for a while now. Pretty please. The weather people are promising sun on Saturday, so I'll get the rest of the garden in and then it can rain on it some more. Good plan? I hope so. Now the weeds, that's another story. But can we do, they need it dry to spray them, and there's just too many to pull. argh! At least the wet soil makes it easier to pull them, so I'll be grateful for that. I've resigned to get the biggest, ugliest ones and will just have to live with the rest of them. Now a trip to the dollar store for a couple more umbrellas is in order, because I think we've got a couple more weeks of rain in the forecast still. Giving in, can't fight it, so minds well . . . . "I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain, what a glorious feeling, I'm singing in the rain. . . ."