This is the first full week of school for my last 2 high schoolers. Sara is enjoying her teachers and feels like they treat her more like the age she is, instead of feeling talked down to like she felt they did at the Junior High. She is definitely enjoying it more and loving all but one teacher. Isn't that how it usually goes? She respects her though, she says, so hopefully she'll learn some good things from her. I'm very grateful for this. Teachers really can make a huge difference! Kids spend so much time at school and with their friends compared to time at home it seems. I'm just glad to have her days filled with more constructive things than the computer and reading alone. (She did a lot of that this summer.) Also grateful that her older brother Lucas is a Senior this year so he can look out for her and show her the ropes. When I was a Sophomore at this same high school, my brother Kris was a Senior. It was awesome to have him there, not hovering over me, but there if I needed him. He was a good big brother. That's how Lucas is with Sara too. Fun to see the parallel played out again from a mom's perspective now. He's a good son and a good big brother. Ah high school. . . What a crazy, hard time that was sometimes for me. Can I just say I'm glad it's them going through it now, and that's behind me! Glad that I can hold on to the memories and let go of the hard stuff. Definitely don't want to do high school over again, although this adult life can be pretty tough sometimes too. Kids are growing and learning and changing. I'm glad that not only are they my children, but are my friends ad well.
Lucas - Sara - best wishes for an awesome year in school. Love you!