Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Congrats! Alex and Jessica

So the day finally arrived and is now past. I just wanted to write a brief note that the wedding turned out awesome and it was a beautiful day, despite a morning and two days previously of rain, it cleared up in the afternoon and set a nice backdrop for us. I'm so thankful for all who helped make it a great day. Alex and Jessica were beautiful. The marriage ceremony was sweet and simple. The whole event was simple, elegant and perfect! When pictures arrive, I'll share more. Kudos to Bella Vista - they were fantastic - best venue ever. Boo to Brown Brother's Catering who failed us miserably, but that's a whole different story which I may or may not share later. Regardless our food additions made up for their lack. I am a very blessed woman with an amazing family! Especially loved that Gabriel and Kira were with us for a few days. And that Heather and Matt came for a few hours to be with us. Looking forward to time softening some of the hard stuff in connection with them and their decisions that have separated themselves from the family. Quite a journey watching the lives of my children unfold.
Kira and Gabriel, you are wonderful, and thank you for making the photo booth come to life. I love you.
Danielle, you stepped up in big and small ways where it was needed. Thanks for being there for Jessica when she needed you in ways that made things even better. Love you so much.
Sara, you were delightful and I hope you had fun. You looked adorable and I love you. Sorry I want to hug you so tight all the time.
Lucas - what a trooper, and what a busy day! So glad it worked out for you to be there and thanks for being the minute man when you were asked. Hang in there, life won't always be this full and crazy but enjoy it as you go. It's worth the experiences you are having. Keep pacing yourself. Love you dude.
Hugs to Nate and Elizabeth (Happy Anniversary in 3 days!)
Alex, welcome to the family! We already love you tons. Jessica is so happy with you in her life. We know you'll take good care of her, and I hope you continue to do all those adventurous things you want to do, along with being an awesome husband.
Jessica - love you so much. It really was worth it to make a fuss about the things we did to make your day special. Thanks for trusting me enough to turn things over to me and saying something when it mattered to you how something was done, or one of my crazy ideas needed to go. Now that it's over, we will have precious memories and a 14ft canoe to remind us again and again of the best day of your life so far. Happy Honeymooning (Jova hurricane and all)! Stay safe and see you at the end of the week.
I'm looking forward to having the gifts cleared from the front room . . . :)