
I have two apple trees in my backyard. One is a Red Jonathan and the other is a Golden Delicious. The red apples have been picked and sorted. Since we don't spray them, we green waste the worm and bug invested ones and save the ones that remain whole. It's a way of keeping the apples from becoming overwhelming in quantity. The Golden Delicious apples are still waiting to be picked. We inspected them yesterday with a friend who trims trees and does landscaping. Looks like there will be plenty of non bug invested apples to harvest. They are absolutely delicious this year! Last year the wind and weather took all the blossoms and we had none. This year they grew in happy full clusters on every branch weighing it down to the ground. I'm so grateful for apples growing in my back yard. It's been 4 years since I bottled any. This is the year to replenish the shelves again. I'm going to try my hand at some Apple Jelly along with the pie filling. We'll enjoy plenty of fresh apples this year as well. Danielle baked a Dutch Apple Pie for us to enjoy last night from the 2007 bottled apples from the pantry. It was heavenly. I love the last of the harvest being gathered in. With Halloween behind us, it means that winter and the holiday season are here! Time to cozy up and begin the process of evaluating things within. I love the changing seasons. Happy Apple eating.
