December . . . continued Expressions of Gratitude . . .
Friday (9) - P365G.176 - I'm grateful for the new windows they have installed in our office. My desk is by one of them and it sure is helping with the cold not getting in so easily. Looking forward to Spring when I can actually open one up, with a screen so I won't be dealing with flies! Yay!
Saturday (10) - P365G.177 - I'm thankful for friends and family to enjoy a great meal. The Ugly Sweater Party at my sister Donalyn's was today. It was so much fun. Her daughter, Krystal really out did herself with an incredible Chinese foods meal. Dan, her husband put together another great 40 picks of Movies with Christmas/Winter scenes for us to guess. Good time indeed!
Sunday (11) - P365G.178 - I'm so thankful for the primary kids I sing with. They really are a joy. It makes Sunday meetings really fun! Choir - eh - so- so. Perhaps we will get better with more practice? : )
Monday (12) - P365G.179 - We had our work Christmas Party tonight and wow it was a blast. Nice to have Provo Beach Resort do everything. It was a great Latin Luau meal plus bowling, a ropes course and riding the indoor Wave for some. Ron tried to win an Ipad to no avail, but it was still fun! Thank you Malik and Brie for all your work. Grateful to Steve and AL&L that they had the resources to do it this way this time! Less work for me!
Tuesday (13) - P365G.180 - I'm grateful to have an extra ward choir practice tonight. It really helped us with our parts. Perhaps I won't be embarrassed to sing with them on Christmas afternoon after all. I'm grateful I have the talent to sing and lead and appreciate those who try their best when they are called to lead as well. P.S. Ron got to go to his first Barbershop Choir practice from 7 to 10 pm tonight. He had a grand time and I'm so glad he finally is doing something with that. It's been a dream of his to sing Barbershop again. Thanks Mom and Uncle Lynn for the concert and info that got him thinking about it again. Your welcome Ron for giving you the push to do it!
Wednesday (14) - P365G.181 - Last day of work this week. I'm thankful for days off. How's that?!
Thursday (15) - P365G.182 - I'm thankful to have our carpets cleaned finally. They look so much better! I can't wait to have the resources to redo the floors entirely. In the meantime, I really am thankful for them at least being as clean as they can be.
Friday (16) - P365G.183 - I'm grateful for a whole day with Ron. It was our date/Ron's birthday/Christmas shopping day. We got a lot accomplished and had a delicious meal at Tuscano's in the Riverwoods. Did you know I love meat? Yep! Love meat. Chicken, Beef, Pork, Fish, Shrimp - definitely NOT a vegetarian, although the grilled veggies were delish too. Happy 50th birthday next week baby. I love you.
Saturday (17) - P365G.184 - I'm grateful to have a Sat where I didn't have to do chores! : ) (Did them on Thursday while Zerorez was cleaning carpets.) Shopping with kids was great. In case you didn't know, I'm a procrastinator when it comes to shopping for Christmas. Gifts have never been my priority, but I know it's part of the celebrating, so . . . finally I am getting to it. This is definitely something I need to work on.
Sunday (18) - P365G.185 - Primary kids sang The Nativity Song in sacrament meeting with me leading. I'm grateful it turned out well. I want to work on having no prompts or pictures with words for the Sacrament Meeting program next year, but had to use them for this time. I hope we can do it. In the meantime, I'm gathering picture resources for learning the songs for now has been a great help for all of us. We even learned a couple new Christmas songs that they had never sung this month. I love the Children's song book! It is really the best collection of songs to teach the gospel through music ever. I'm so thankful for the resources that the church provides for us to fulfill our callings. It truly is inspired.