Friday, December 9, 2011

P365G.168 - Home, Holiday Music

Events and blog reading over the last week have prompted me to think about things I haven't thought about in a while. Things I'm very grateful for and of course there is always a few random trivial things as well. I'm just so glad to be in a happy place with great family, friends and music so far this season. What a wonderful, full week!

.168 -Friday - Hung around home and watched a movie. Pretty typical Friday. That's OK. I was really in the mood for nothing more than that. I'm grateful for my quiet, safe home to "veg" in.
.169 - Saturday - Apples, applies and more apples. Apple sauce, apple butter and apple juice. So nummy. I'm thankful for Donalyn's steamer and a day to work on them. One more bushel to address next week, patiently waiting in the garage still. So excited to make Mint Apple Jelly for gifts for the holidays this coming weekend. Yay! And pie filling . . . I'm grateful for a cold storage room with stocked shelves.
.170 - Sunday - More singing with the Primary Kids and dinner with Mom. It was a strange day. Mom was grumpy and it rubbed off on everyone way too easily. Despite that we were able to listen to the First Presidency Devotional. It was excellent as always and fun to see some of the kids teachers in the Choir and Orchestra. Where else but in Utah would that happen. So grateful to live in communities with good people everywhere. Of course we found good people everywhere we've been, Arizona and California. (Mom apologized for her grumpiness the next day - said she was feeling better - I hope so)
.171 - Monday - Went to Sara's Choir Concert. It was fantastic. Ms. Nudd is great and really entertained us. I'm so thankful for Sara and love watching her sing. I especially love when she is happy, which seems to be less often that it used to be. Hope that we can have more happy days with her. Being a teenager is really hard sometimes.
.172 - Tuesday - Went to hear my Uncle Lynn in a Barbershop Choir made up of lots of Quartets. IT was delightful. Live Christmas music is the best! I'm secretly very excited for Ron, who is going to go sing whit them starting on Tuesdays and learn the tricks. I really love his voice and am grateful that he will get to do this. I think it will help him be more positive about life. He's such a worry wort sometimes. So serious about life . . . I'm a lucky wife because of it though. Secretly very excited to hear him sing more! He doesn't know how talented he really is.
.173 - Wednesday - went to Lucas's band concert. Wow! Amazingly great Christmas pieces. The best Jingle Bell version I have ever heard. And the medley we got to sing along to was so much fun. We are so blessed to have Nate Seamons as Lucas' band instructor. Great night of more Christmas music! And Mom is definitely feeling better. Yay!
.174 - Thursday - Got to spend time with my VTers, Diana Stanbrough and Melissa Taylor visiting and eating treats at Melissa's house. It's Melissa and Harris' first home and they are sure enjoying it. Loved their company with Chris Nielsen as well. Then took a drive with Ron up towards Salt Lake to do work stuff at the lab and a quick visit to Saver's for Christmas Sweater shopping. Found a great one for Ron for the "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party at the Ford's. I don't think it's "Ugly" but it will work. Also It was Jessica's birthday and she stopped by to get help with her new sewing machine Alex got her. I basically made her figure it out herself, but we got to work on it a bit. I really am thankful for her. Need to do better at visiting with her and listening.
.175 - Will have a chance to do it tonight. Making a Macadamia Nut Crusted Fish and Rice pilaf for her birthday dinner. So excited to have them again. I'm so blessed with an amazing family. Hopefully I"ll remember to take a few pictures to share. Jessica is turning 20. A very happy day indeed.

P.S. I read about a very cool home birth story on CJane's blog and it reminded me of my incredible experiences having my 5 children at home. It was truly life changing and some beautiful memories for me. Perhaps I'll share each of their stories at their birthdays this coming year. Best decision I ever made, having those babies at home in my opinion. So grateful to have that experience in my life and looking forward to grandbabies in the future.

P.P.S. - Wednesday our insurance agent took our office staff out to lunch at the Chef's Table in Provo. It was fancy and delicious and I'm grateful for the people we get to work with too. Very kind gesture and much appreciated way of thanking us for our business. Thanks Chad Atkinson for our awesome associations. Good guy and great to get to meet his wife finally. What an adventurous lady!