
Nettie birds . . . aren't they adorable : )
So I have a wedding reception to organize and plan for my step daughter Heather in about 5 weeks. I'm loving it, but feeling major constraints on the budget due to a husband who's been laid off since January and time limits due to working full time. I think it has begun to consume my thoughts as I work on ways to make a beautiful event happen with minimal expense. It's also started an obsession with birds. Cute, whimsical, decorative birds. It hasn't snowed at all this winter and the weather has been incredibly Spring like for February, so of course the "Spring is coming" feeling is strong in me. We might truly just be skipping winter all together this year. And with painting and "Spring cleaning" what can I say. I love the adorable little birds I've begun to look for, for decor accents for Heather's reception. I think I've gone overboard. I'm sure that's what my daughters would say. But I'm having fun, none the less. So nothing profound to share over the last 2 weeks, aside from the normal everyday living; finding cute birds is all that has been on my mind. Birds! What is that phrase . . . Strictly "for the birds" Meaning: Trivial; worthless; only of interest to gullible people. Well yes my free time has been spent on pretty trivial things. But in my defense it's to create a wonderful memory marking a VERY SIGNIFICANT EVENT. You know, for the "love birds." So with that disclaimer I'll keep up the important stuff whilst daydreaming about birds. Silly, silly woman I am sometimes. Daughters, you need to come rescue me . . .

Centerpiece startings . . .
Jan 28 Sat - P365G.226 - I'm thankful for trees and that they didn't get cut down by neighbors while they build his huge workshop to the side of his house. Cottonwoods - I hope you get to shade my grandchildren. Stay strong!
29 Sun - P365G.227 - I'm thankful for Anna and the sweet memories of her hugs and jewelry swapping. "Hi Nursery" will always mean Anna Bromley loves me.
30 Mon - P365G.228 - I'm grateful I don't live back in the time of the Israelites and that I didn't have to travel throughout he desert to find my promised land.
31 Tues - P365G.229 - Happy Birthday Matt Farley. Hope your new 21 year old adulthood isn't the undoing of you. Please, please don't do anything too dumb in the name of "now I'm an adult." Please!!!! Oh to be young again . . . Enjoy Las Vegas I guess. See you in a couple days. I'm grateful that I didn't have to raise you. It may have been the undoing of me. Of course then I have those awful judgemental thoughts that you would be different if I had raised you. Who really knows. Never-the-less - we love you still.
Feb 1 Wed - P365G.230 - I'm grateful for Camille and Christine. You Rock! Thanks for the awesome, short, sweet to the point meeting regarding Primary program stuff. It was the best church planning meeting I've ever been to.
2 Thurs - P365G.231 - I'm thankful the groundhog saw his shadow and there will be 6 more weeks of winter, 'cuz we haven't had any yet so far! Not sure how I feel about this whole thing anymore. Need the water, but loving not having to scrape cars and drive on slippery roads. hummmmm.
3 Fri - P365G.232 - I'm thankful for paydays.
4 Sat- P365G.233 - I'm thankful for the opportunity to feed the missionaries. They were delightful. Strange to only have 5 of us even adding two. We really are getting to be spread out as a family. Best wishes in all you do elders. Be good.
5 Sun- P365G.234 - Awesome day! Seth got ordained to an Elder today. He's now one step closer to being able to take Heather to the temple. I pray for that young man that he will stay strong. He's got quite a challenge with his family. Oh how I pray that he will stay strong. I'm so thankful for the gospel and my heavenly Father's patient with me.
6 Mon - P365G.235 - I'm grateful for Jessica's humor and beauty.
7 Tues - P365G.236 - I'm grateful for Danielle's honesty and candor.
8 Wed - P365G.237 - I'm thankful for the power of words and hope I can leave happy uplifting word prints everywhere I go. I've got a lot of improving to do and I know I can do it. One word at a time Maria, one word at a time. Love you so much family! Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'll keep working on saying out loud all the wonderful things I think about each one of you.
9 Thurs - P365G.238 - I'm thankful for Ron and his amazing ability to listen to me and love me with his practical approach to life. Love you babe!
10 Fri - P365G.239- I'm thankful for my health. Get better Melanie!