
This is Heather in the rain in her dress. No direct relation to this post, but thought I'd share. I modified and altered the whole top of the dress to make it modest. Not bad eh! : )
P365G.240 - Saturday, Feb 11 - I'm really grateful for the opportunity I had to go see "39 Steps", directed by Christopher Kendrick at the Hale Center Theater in Orem last night. It's an Alfred Hitchcock/Agatha Christie twisted thriller of sorts. It was delightful, a mystery done with a lot of humor. Very well done and loved seeing it in the round. The Red Lobster dinner before hand was fantastic as well. Great Valentine's date indeed. Today was a get lots of things done day so I'm grateful for some energy to do just that.
P365G.241 - Sunday, Feb 12 - I'm thankful for a nice two hour nap. I've not been sleeping so well lately and it was very needed. Also enjoyed making sugar cookies of the gigantic heart shaped kind. : )
P365G.242 - Monday, Feb 13 - Fantastic Day driving to Logan, UT and Utah State University to take a housing, campus and Engineering dept. tour. I was very impressed with their student centered campus and the substantial housing they have on campus. Also grateful for the smartly set up shuttle/bus system and friendly staff who answered all our questions. We are crossing our fingers that Lucas will be awarded enough additional funds with a Marching Band scholarship after his tryouts next Sat, 25th, and anything else he has applied for to go along with his 1/2tuition - 1 year scholarship so he can go here for school. (I'm very thankful he has that funding so far) We are all very excited. Time will tell.
P365G.243 - Tuesday, Feb 14 - Valentine's Day was a great day. It was business as usually at work, with the addition of silly grade school valentine's from the bosses. Ron did singing valentine's to about 25 people with his barbershop quartet all day (9am to 9:30 pm) so he had a very full day but said he loved it. I am delighted he loves it so much! I came home from work to an empty house and made me a grilled cheese sandwich and watched "Notebook." It was truly a lovely evening.
P365G.244 - Wednesday, Feb 15 - I'm grateful to go to bed early. I think what I thought was allergies is turning into a cold.
P365G.245 - Thursday, Feb 16 - I love when Diana comes visit. She is awesome. Danielle had a group of friends over to watch a movie. It was almost like old times. I was introduced to a new boy name Chance. He is a very handsome young man. Danielle and boys . . . hummm . . can't quite figure her out. She seems to like keeping things at the "just have fun" level, which I guess is fine for now. Odd to see her with Nathan their as well, who I adore, and yet sitting next to Chance. I wonder what the boys think? Thanks for fixing dinner Ron. I was wore out from a day full of work already.
P365G.246 - Friday, Feb 17 - I definitely have a cold. Yesterday I was all stuffy. Today, it won't stop running. I'm all foggy headed and very tired. Went to work anyway and can't wait to get home and sleep. I think we'll be working on more wedding things. Heather has the invitations and has started addressing envelopes. We still need to order the pictures and I designed and printed the temple sealing insert for the ones that will be able to come to that. Praying that all will work out, and still wishing that Heather's mom, Danyce, will decide to be more involved and "re-own" her daughter so she can be a part of things. What a very crazy world we live in, with all our thinking or lack thereof. I wish I understood why all this is playing out the way it is, but I just don't get it. I'm so grateful for all my children and that they try to be good and they love me and I love them and we also are friends and can get along :). And despite the slight animosity between Danielle and Ron that they can get along with their Step-father as well. Wish it was better with their own dad, but at least improvements are being made there.
Have a great weekend.