Friday, February 24, 2012

Dandilions


Well this should be a post about all the things I'm grateful for this last week, but my head and heart are basically full of the damaging effects of gossip. I'm wondering how I can help stop this vicious ugly cycle in the lives of some people close to me. I am very careful about using the word hate, but today I am going to say I HATE GOSSIP and everything related to it; lies, deceit, contention, ego, pride. . . It destroys. It never builds. So now I am left with all my judgemental thoughts and trying to calm myself down with a good dose of humility, repentance as needed and introspection, less I pass on anger and indignation unjustifiably. I am still very angry about it as you can tell. I want to be part of the solution, not the problem. I want to help stop this cycle while I have some small influence. How to approach all this, I don't know. In the meantime - my now 1 week old cold is still holding on, giving me this wonderful congested head. (Can you hear the sarcasm?!) I AM grateful to Dr. Schoff for working on Lucas' two chips front teeth this week and giving him a "new" smile. I love that boy, I do. Need to take a picture. . . .