Monday, March 5, 2012

The Flower Wall


So, thanks to pinterest I took on making a Paper Flower Wall to use as a backdrop for the dessert table at Heather and Seth's reception. It took me 8 hours on a Saturday and was so much fun! This is the link to the tutorial I used: http://go.tipjunkie.com/pa/2708/tradewindtiaras.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-make-paper-flower-backdrop-lets.html

I printed off the important details I felt like I needed, purchased the 4' X 8' insulation board and a roll of easel paper from Micheals with a 40% off coupon, so it really was as cheap as she said it would be. Following are pictures of my adventures in paper flower making. It's not really an instructional blog like others do, but adds some tips for things I did to make it easier for me. And best of all, when the reception is over, it can be an art piece for someones wall. . .

1st I made patterns out of heavier card stock for each of the different kinds of flowers, so I could trace multiple shapes easily without having to rethink them each time.

Then I cut 10 layers of the easel paper as big as the table was wide and traced the shapes in the number I thought was needed based on her instructions. Once they were traced on the top sheet of paper, I stapled all 10 layers together in between the parts that would be used for the petals etc. I cut apart "strips" of the shapes to make it easier to staple in between everywhere and cut the shapes out.



For the pom flowers I stapled the center of all ten layers to cut the fringe all the way around and then pulled the staple out to seperate the layers for creating the pom.

Once all the shapes were cut out I started assembling them using hot glue. This was the fun part! : )







Tada!

Can't wait to see it behind our awesome woodsie cupcake tower and dessert table. Now on to baking nummy treats! Still smiling! (NO Sarcasm today.) : )