Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conference Weekend

Just wanted to do a quick post to let my family know how much I love them. It was great to have Jessica and Danielle and Chantz and Alex finally over for a few. We enjoyed an old tradition, I guess you could call it, of smoothies and popcorn on a Sunday night watching AFV on TV. It was a nice ending to a day of listening to some great talks during General Conference at Mom Nielsen's house. It was a very enjoyable day. Missed having Kira and Gabriel and Heather and Seth and Beth and Matt too. But it was wonderful, none the less. There's a ton more fun pictures of Heather and Seth's reception on their facebook page, but I've posted a few here. I'm proud of what we created for her. I say we, but it was a lot of Me, and I guess I'm proud of myself. Of course we had tons of help too! Notice the paper flower backdrop and Ron's awesome cake tower made from stumps.







The weather has been nice for starting to work on the yard. I'm excited to see it turn green again and add more color and dimension as we continue to make improvements. We planted 7 more Hibiscus bushes that will produce big pink flowers in late summer throughout the yard in our dirt borders. Also fertilized the lawn. I'm anxious to be able to plant petunias everywhere too, but it's still too soon for that. Time to get our garden in soon though. We are going to make it a little smaller so it will be easier to manage, Which still means grooming the space to the left of the two big cottonwood trees, but hopefully it will balance that area out. Still don't feel like I have much of a green thumb, but we keep trying. Praying over everything we plant - that it will grow and be beautiful in August. Actually all summer too.

Biggest project will be trying to get the rest of the fire pit area paved. They don't make the paver stones that we started with any more, so we're having to figure out how we are going to do that with square instead of hexagon shaped stones. After getting a quote on what it would be to do in cement, we are back to pavers. Lots more time and work, but less expensive. I hope that we will be able to have it done before August. It's going to be a stretch financially since Ron still isn't working. Praying yet some more.

Looking forward to Easter weekend and coloring eggs. And thinking I will splurge on flowers to decorate the house. We shall see. Tulips are coming up in front so perhaps I will need to be grateful for them and call that good enough. : )