
Well the wonderful day has come and gone. It was a beautiful day. I am grateful for Ron's parents. Their stay in our home for the week was pretty good. We will have cold cut meats to last the year and a new slicer to use, thanks to Mom Farley. All the treat making was a huge success and the morning went smoothly at the temple. Heather was beautiful. I was delighted to watch the two of them and see how incredibly happy they were. It seems it only lasted the day, as trials, drama and the silly little problems that seem to follow these two around keep occurring on a regular basis. And yet there is an underlying happiness about them now. I hope they remember that always.
I'm grateful I have learned to keep small problems small. I hope they will learn to do the same, rely on each other and prayer to help them through things. Life is such an interesting learning process Tailor made for each of us I guess.
The reception was awesome if I don't say so myself. I've done 3 weddings now and we learn something new at each one to improve things. Each has been completely different. I really do enjoy it and am looking forward to another backyard wedding for Danielle and Chantz in August later this year. So excited to have Ron home to help get things even better in the yard. Biggest thing I learned at this one: It IS TOTALLY WORTH THE WORK of doing the food yourself and then having awesome kitchen help. Diana and Melissa are wonderful and so generous with their time. I'm so grateful to them. The desserts were incredibly delicious. We really did up an awesome spread if I can toot my own horn. Everyone had a good time, and people even danced. I'd say that step-sisters and step-brother really"stepped it up" for her (that's my compassionate, awesome kids folks). I'm grateful to friends who came and celebrated with them. So many unhappy things with relationships with her own family was put in the background, at least for the day, and they were able to just enjoy. Mission accomplished. Yay! Hopefully I can share a few photos of the reception and family when we get them back from Tabatha, the photographer. Thanks for Shae and Danielle for putting the perfecting touches on decor; Donalyn for extra birdcages and all the dishes and racks to make the dessert table beautiful. Ron for making that cool wood cupcake stand become a reality from a picture off of pinterest; and thanks Jessica for being a minute women photographer for them at the temple! We were truly blessed in so many ways. I love you family! You ROCK! Thank you to Seth's brothers Jake and Jason, and Lucas and Courtney for sticking around long enough to get everything cleaned up! Sara, thanks for helping me with the tissue flowers and tree centerpieces.
Best wishes to Seth and Heather for the rest of their lives - May they continue forward in life on the wings of love : )
P.S. Note to self. 1) Start doing tummy crunches and see if can eliminate the old lady roll that is forming around my middle. Ugh! 2) wear jacket over dress to disguise it better.
I'm blaming that roll on all the treat tasting I had to do to make sure everything was delicious. : )