Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Changing Seasons

It snowed last week. First snow of the year. And the tempuratures have dropped quite a bit. This week lows were in the 20s and highs in the low 40s. In other words - COLD! It really got me in the Christmas spirit however. Playing Christmas music and thinking about how we will make this year's Christmas special. Simplify is still my mantra, but memorable is always what we are going for. I have big plans and then I have to reality check them and modify. I've also go the "finish home improvements in the house" bug going, now that the yard is winterized. Projects like - Sara moving into Lucas' basement room, expanding the family room, extending the wood floor into the front room from the kitchen, and then our bedroom and bathroom still hasn't been rennovated yet. You know, the typical change bug that comes along with the all the kids but one have left the house and I have more wiggle room is some places and not enough in others when they all come back to visit. Can you say - projector TV/Movie screen in our future! : ) We hope so. We love watching movies together and it's getting pretty crowded! We've got big plans, it will just be interesting to see how long it takes to actually do them. Doesn't cost a penny to take a wall out, but finishing it off nice and redoing the room? That's a whole different story. Well you know how it goes - Make room for and get rid of the old things and the new things will come to take their place. Right?! Yes! In the mean time we are having a wonderful time with my sisters in teh Stake RS Presidency preparing for Women's Conference in January. Plenty of things to enjoy over the next several months. And I thought I would get depressed with a big let down after all that fun wedding planning. Ha! Seasons - I just love how they change.