Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Family is AWESOME

1 - Danielle has been my sounding board so many times over the last year.  And has made a lot of dinners for all of us too. I will miss having her and Chantz and Henry and Bridget in our home.  They are moving to AZ on the 17th of this month.  They are off to new adventures - School for Chantz and hopefully home ownership.

2 - Jessica and her husband Alex and sweet Elliot will be moving in on the 24th of this month.  I'm excited to have them.  Alex has put off schooling to work full time so Jessica could be home with their awesome son and it's time for him to get back at it and get schooling done so he can provide for his family better.  Elliot isn't old enough to not have Mom with him still, so this will at least help them save on rent while they put all their energy into completing Alex's Engineering degree.  They have previously done schooling debt free and going into debt to do this is different from how they wanted to do it, but  I think it's the right thing for them to do at this point.  I know it will work out.  I'm super excited to have them.  Jessica is excited to be able to do painting and home improvement kinds of things (of which we will be the benefactors : ) )

3- Sara has been living with us as well over the last year.  It's the longest I have ever seen her not depressed or angry.  She has such a sweet soul and cares for so many other people - sometimes too much.  She has a boyfriend now named Steven and I'm pretty sure that he has become a stabling influence for her.  We get to see them often.  I love that she isn't afraid to be herself.  We have a lot of differences, but I'm grateful that we still have a good relationship and love each other.  She has taught me a lot about caring for people and giving them space to be themselves.  Hopefully she will get herself back into her own apartment very soon that is closer to her work in Murray. (near SLC)

4 - Kira - oh my dear Kira.  She has dealt with a lot of crap in life and she still keeps forgiving and moving forward.  She has and continues to be a quite healer for our family.  She once again helped us figure out a difficult situation with Lucas and staying on his mission.  She is an amazing women and I can't believe that I get to be her mom sometimes.  She has innate wisdom that has helped me weather quite a few storms in our lives.  I'm grateful for her ability to help us break bad patterns and move forward with more hope and faith.  We too have many differences in how we see spiritual things, but at the same time we frequently receive similar revelations about something.  I can't explain why I feel the way I do and she shares an explanation that is always spot on, deepening the understanding and the whys of the dirrection something needs to go.  It is truly AMAZING!

5 - Lucas is stronger than he knows.  He is so full of desires and emotions and frustrations and conflict right now.  It's not the greatest for being on a mission right now, but he has 3 months left.  He's spent a lot of time in depression as well.  It's heartbreaking and hard to have him far away and at the same time I don't know how I would handle it if he was here.  I'm so grateful for him Mission President and his companions and all those who have helped him while he is Anaheim CA.  I feel like if he can let go and trust God it will be the beginning of breaking yet another unhealthy pattern that they have learned from their dad.  This one has been very hard.  But I have confidence that he can do it.  That phase if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger definitely comes to mind.

6 - Ron - As frustrated as I feel about some of him unique quirks, I love this man.  He is AMAZING at so many things.  And the tough love he brings to our family is EXACTLY what we need.

So as to my 365 Days of Amazing - here are the first 6 - My family.  They are Amazing!