Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 - Peace Amid Change

I'm coming into 2016 with an interesting attitude and unsure feelings.  I haven't got specific goals figured out this time.  I've been tossing around a couple "word for the year" ideas.  I love the word Awesome and somehow that is connected to Gratitude, but it doesn't seem as closely connected to what it feels like this year is going to be or what I want it to be as does this pull to CHANGE.  Big changes and little changes.  Changes with family, with my home, with my relationships, with food, and changes in general.  I feel contemplative and unresolved like this is going to be a transition year more so than ever.  I feel like I'm on the right path, but uncertain of where this path is going to take me in between here and where I'm headed.  

I think my mantra will be to just take it one day at a time. 

Spiritually - I know I want to maintain and improve my relationship with Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know that I want to keep my relationships with my kids strong as well.  These things are constant.

But more than ever I feel like I need to rely on Them more than ever this year, that change is coming whether I like it or not. My faith and family are going to help me enjoy this part of the journey.

This prayer comes to mind as I think about this year:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.  
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread.  
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: 
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. 
Amen.

 Physically - I know I want to continue improvements to our home that we started last year. And I know that I want to stay healthy by continuing my whole food plant base diet and want to be more diligent in also keeping that diet oil and refined sugar free as much as possible.

I take comfort in this scripture as I move through this transitional year. 

John 14: 27

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled , neither let it be afraid."

May 2016 be a year where I find peace, and face the challenges I have a sense it will hold without fear as I depend on the Lord for my bread each day.