Thursday, February 24, 2011

P365G.87 - Yoga body


I think I may have posted something about yoga before, but can I just say I"m grateful for yoga?! It was tough last night. We did a two hour session and a different instructor that pushed us to our perceived limits. (Although she promises that we weren't even close to what our bodies are capable of.) My body is very sore today, like "I just did a really hard workout" sore. I actually did a headstand on my own with out help for about 10 seconds, although she had us stay up on our heads for 2 or 3 minutes. The goal is to stay in that position for 15 minutes! Wow! I've definitely made substantial progress! I'm really grateful for this body! The idea of being more aware of our bodies so that we take care of it, and in turn are able to focus on our spiritual selves is the basic premise of yoga. I think it's starting to help me. In the mean time, I've got to find someone to give me a shoulder massage.. . . .